1. Have you ever had surgery?
I don’t know if it’s technically considered having surgery…but I had 4 C-sections. I think in one way C-sections are worse than surgery because you have to be AWAKE during the whole thing. It freaks me out that I am awake while they are cutting me open. Ahhh!!! But they are way better than surgery because you get a beautiful baby to show for it!
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Only once. The daughter of some friends of ours was quad riding on our property. She decided to ride through some tall (not mown) grass in the middle of our mown field. There is only one reason for tall grass in the middle of a mown field….boulders. Needless to say she and the quad went flying. Both her parents were out so I rode in the ambulance with her. Turns out she ruptured her spleen and broke her thumb. After that we had the boulder blown up and we sent her a piece of it.
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
I am relatively calm during a medical emergency but it is a fight to keep the panic under control. It is after it’s all over and everything is fine that I fall apart.
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
Neither…I wish I had both.
5. When did you move out of your parents’ house?
I went away to college but was still home on holidays and summers. But once I graduated from college, I packed up my car and headed to Washington, DC. My college roommate had an apartment there. I slept on her couch and looked for work. After about 2 weeks I had a job and an apartment of my own. I lost that job 2 weeks later. L But I was determined that I was not going to go back home with my tail between my legs. So for the next month or two I hunted for another job during the day and worked in the local mall in the evenings. I lived on peanut butter and hot dogs during that month. I was very happy when I would get asked out on a date. Then I would be taken out to dinner and get a decent meal. LOL! I finally did get a job that would pay the bills and never did have to move back home.

No comments:
Post a Comment