I actually liked this book. I needed something light to read and since I love Jane Austen I thought I would give this book a try. I give the author a lot of credit. It can’t be easy to write a book that is a sequel to Pride and Prejudice. While she is no Jane Austen, I think she did a good job and came up with a fun and interesting plot line.
The story picks up 7 years after Pride and Prejudice ends. Mr. Collins is killed in a carriage accident leaving Charlotte a widow. He leaves behind no children; the only child they had, a girl, died in infancy. Charlotte now has to make a life for herself. Her sister Maria is not married so she comes to live with Charlotte so that Charlotte can be her chaperon out in society since their parents are now quite old and confined to their home. Maria hopes to make a good match. While Charlotte would prefer to live out her life in peace and quiet, she accompanies Maria to country dances and dinner parties. Along the way their are many twists and turns in the story making Charlotte question many of her preconceived ideas on love and marriage.

No comments:
Post a Comment