Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

I'm joining The Homeschool Chick with her weekly Homeschool Mother's Journal.  Here's my entry for the week:

In my life this week...
We had Spring Break last week and went to Quebec to ski.  It was lots of fun but this week we had to face the music.  The girls had lots to catch up on for their online classes.  I had trouble getting out of vacation mode and getting back into “real life”!  So for me, most of the week was spent unpacking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, catching up on my To Do list.

In our homeschool this week...
The girls got all caught up and we did the main subjects.  But as usual History, Logic, Morning Time and all those important things…at least I think they are important…didn’t get done.  Sigh!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We are seeing WAY too much of our orthodontist.  The older two girls each had an appointment this week on different days.  Ugh!  I don’t like having to leave the house so much…I do much better all round when I get to stay home.

My favorite thing this week was...
Date night with my hubby.  He’s the best!!

What's working/not working for us...
Math U See is working great for us!   I am so impressed by it and wish I had been using it the last 13 years of my homeschooling career.  What’s not working….finding time for History and Morning Time.  I feel like if we could just get up and moving a little earlier then we might have time for those very important things.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
It’s time to start planning next school year for my sophomore soon to be junior in High School.  Is Chemistry a required subject for High School?  What is the minimum requirement for science when applying to college?  My daughter’s strengths lie in the area of English rather than Math or Science.  She has taken Biology and Marine Biology (both lab sciences) in High School so far.  I wonder if she must take Chemistry. 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
“The ability to speak exactly is intimately related to the ability to know exactly. “
Wendell Berry, “Imagination in Place”

No comments: